We just recently returned from a two night stay in puerto princesa, lovely palawan. My mother enjoyed it, we too but since its my third time. It’s alright.
Newly renovated airport
So precious when my parents sister and dog picked me up.
taken from: http://www.theemotionmachine.com/how-to-build-thick-skin-and-stop-being-so-sensitive/
Too much sensitivity can stop you from following your goals and passions in life – because you are too concerned with how other people think of you, and you’re not comfortable just being yourself despite the negative judgments.
If you look at most successful people in life, they will often have a layer of thick skin that desensitizes them from this type of unhelpful criticism and hate.
One week at our place today.
Thanks to Ikea and its affordable range of furniture, we were able to furnish our modest apartment for goddamn cheap!
Finally my husband opened his eyes that living with others won’t be good since we treat our living space very sacred.
Initially we considered buying stuff off craigslist, but the amount of time plus the prices were not really something we expected for what we have in mind. So off to Ikea we went yesterday. At 328 bucks, we got a modest livingroom sleeper sofa, a rug, a nice dining set and all my kitchen trinkets as well. What a steal
Exactly a month ago our lives changed in split second when an oblivious driver hit our vehicle, making our beloved and well taken care of vehicle roll over twice.
By some miraculous twist of fate, despite the miserable condition of the vehicle, we literally walked out injury-free, just minor cuts and bruising and me, a little emotionally rattled. Authorities who rescued and were in the scene told told me that it was really a blessing that we were protected by our car.
To commemorate this one month event, I wanted to share several takeaways from this life-changing incident, apart from the typical FOLLOW the goddamn signs, something that the other driver obviously didn’t bother doing.
- Seatbelt saves lives. After we were hit end and flipped over, we ended up the side , so we were held together by the seatbelt. It should be called a life belt.
- Be a conscious passenger. Don’t always rely on your driver to do the navigation. I’m guilty of this but try my best to be otherwise.
- Anger doesn’t cure anything. After we were rescued, I was ready to wring the neck of the other driver. Thankfully my calm husband advised to be quiet.
- Invest in a Dash Camera. Being the cheapskate that I am, I reluctantly said yes months prior to getting a dashcam. Little did I knew that it would totally change everything, once we showed it to the police. Freakin strong evidence right there.
- The goodness in people are innate. My husband who held my hand while we were in that situation, the residents who hurried to the scene and immediately called 911, the residents who offered to provide us everything during that accident. I can’t even count the number of kind people who were willing to help.
Special mention to my amazing husband for his kindness, his patience and selflessness as we went through this entire ordeal.
After being hit after he made sure we are alright, and while still inside the vehicle flipped to the side, I heard him asked if the other driver was okay. I wouldn’t even care to ask because obviously we were the one wronged in this situation.
Bless my husband for being a selfless freakin hero, even though we were hit, he made the conscious effort to check if the other car was okay.
I am so grateful each and everyday to wake up to this perfection of a man.
A parting gift to our sweet landlady. Inspired by giftbaskets from Pinterest. I think I overdid it but heck I’d go for the dollar store basket next time lol. This whole thing costs about 60 bucks and to think they were all from Marshalls.
Bye bye dairy
A week after guzzling down this amazing raw milk, i fuckin got all bloated again. Dissapointed. But moving on.